There are many types of invisible fences for cats. Some are made from materials that cats can’t see, such as plastic or metal. Others are made from materials that cats can see but that the fence is so thin, you can’t see it at all. Still others are made from materials that cats can see but the fence is so high, you can’t get over it.
The best type of invisible fence for a cat is one that is both effective and easy to use.
1. PetSafe Rechargeable In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats over 5lb and Waterproof Receiver Collar with Tone and Static Correction
If you are looking for a fence that can accommodate large dogs and cats, the PetSafe Rechargeable In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats over 5lb and Waterproof Receiver Collar with Tone and Static Correction is a great option. This product is able to provide up to 1/3 of an acre of coverage, and the receiver collar can be charged in 2-3 hours with each charge lasting up to 2 months.
2. PetSafe Pawz Away Indoor Pet Barrier with Adjustable Range – Dog and Cat Home Proofing – Static Correction – Wireless Pet Gate Keeps Areas Off Limits – Battery-Operated – For Pets 5 lbs. and Up
The PetSafe Pawz Away Indoor Pet Barrier with Adjustable Range is a wireless pet gate keeping areas off limits for pets of all sizes. This barrier can be used indoor or outdoors, and can be configured to protect a 6-foot radius or 12-foot diameter area. The Pawz Away barrier is easy to use with adjustable range and a beep sound to corrected your pet. The Pawz Away barrier is battery operated and includes a receiver collar for cats and dogs.
3. PetSafe Stay & Play Compact Wireless Fence – No Wire to Bury – Our Smallest Transmitter – Covers 3/4-Acre – For Dogs 5 lbs & Up – Rechargeable Collar – From the Parent Company of INVISIBLE FENCE Brand
The PetSafe Stay & Play Compact Wireless Fence is a small, wireless fence that covers 3/4-acre of territory. The adjustable circular range allows up to 3/4-acre of coverage in all directions. No wire to bury is required, and this fence has 5 levels of static correction plus a tone-only mode. The system is easy to set up, and you can take it with you when you and your dog go camping or travel. The PetSafe Stay & Play Compact Wireless Fence is also rechargeable, meaning that you can keep it charged for up to 3 weeks.
4. PetSafe Basic In-Ground Dog and Cat Fence, from the Parent Company of Invisible Fence Brand, Underground Electric Pet Fence
The PetSafe Basic In-Ground Dog and Cat Fence by the Parent Company of Invisible Fence is a safe and secure way to keep your furry friend safe and indoors. It includes a 500 feet of wire, 4 levels of adjustable static correction, and a collar fit for dogs 8 pounds and up. Additionally, the PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence can be set up in a weekend project, and is compatible with all PetSafe in-ground fence receiver collars except YardMax receiver collars. This fence system can keep all of your pets safe and indoors, and has a battery-operated collar that is easy to use.
5. PetSafe In-Ground Cat Fence – Waterproof – Tone and Static Correction – Stretch-Section for Safety – for Cats Over 6 lb. – from The Parent Company of Invisible Fence Brand
Introducing the PetSafe In-Ground Cat Fence! This fence is made to meet the needs of cats over 6 lb, with a waterproof and static correction feature, as well as stretch-section for safety. This fence is a great choice for those looking for a safe and secure home for their cat.
6. PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence with Replaceable Battery Collar – Covers up to 3/4 Acre – For Dogs & Cats over 5 lb – Waterproof Collar with Tone & Static – From Parent Company of INVISIBLE FENCE
The PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence with Replaceable Battery Collar is a great product that is designed to protect your pet from dangers such as theft, vandalism and other accidents. It is also designed to be easy to use, thanks to the easy-to-read instructions that are included. Additionally, the system is waterproof, so you can place it anywhere in your yard. Lastly, the battery-operated collar is easy to use and has a long battery life, so you can keep your dog or cat safe all year round.
7. PetSafe YardMax Rechargeable In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats – from the Parent Company of INVISIBLE FENCE Brand – Underground Pet Barrier – Multiple Wire Gauge and Indoor or Outdoor Barrier Options
The PetSafe YardMax Rechargeable In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats is a do-it-yourself weekend project that lets you create an in-ground fence designed to fit your yard. The MAXIMIZE YOUR YARD SPACE: In YardMax mode, your pet will have more room than traditional in-ground fences by receiving correction right at the boundary wire instead of before. The PET PROOF INSIDE AND OUT: The YardMax receiver collar works with the indoor and outdoor Pawz Away pet barriers to keep your pets out of the flower beds or off furniture.
8. PetSafe In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats Over 8 lb. – Waterproof with Tone and Static Correction – from The Parent Company of Invisible Fence Brand
The PetSafe In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats Over 8 lb. – Waterproof with Tone and Static Correction – is a water resistant fence that features tone-only mode and adjustable security levels. It also has a low batterypower indicator that gives you a 1-2 month expected battery life depending on use. Additionally, the fence is create keep-out areas for your pets and has a surge protector.
9. PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats – from The Parent Company of Invisible Fence Brand – Boundary Wire Not Included – Pick Your Wire Gauge Separately
The PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats is a great solution for those who have a Stubborn Dog. It features high intensity static correction, 5 levels of correction, and a tone and vibration mode. Additionally, it is designed for pets 8 pounds and up. This fence also has a water resistant collar, which makes it a great option for those who live in water areas.
10. PetSafe Rechargeable In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats – from The Parent Company of Invisible Fence Brand – Inground Wire Not Included – Pick Your Wire Gauge Separately
The PetSafe Rechargeable In-Ground Fence for Dogs and Cats is a great fence system that can help keep your pet safe and confined. The system comes with a collar that can be rechargeable, a water resistant collar, and adjustable correction. The system is also adjustable to fit any pet size. The system is a great way to keep your pet confined and safe, and can keep an unlimited number of pets in your yard.
About the Expert
I am a veterinarian who specializes in cats. I have been caring for them since they were kittens, and I know how to keep them healthy and safe. I also have experience with invisible fences, so I can help you to choose the right one for your cat.
Pick The Best Invisible Fence For Cats Based On Your Needs
1. Does Invisible Fence work with cats?
Do Invisible Fence systems work? Yes, they do. Cats can be successfully trained to use the Invisible Fence system, both outdoors and indoors with our featherweight MicroLite Computer Collar Receiver. It’s the smallest and most contemporary collar available to provide full protection, anytime and anywhere.
2. How much does Invisible Fence cost for cats?
Companies that offer an invisible pet fence typically charge between $957 and $1,444 for the average wire or wireless fence. The typical price of a wired fence is about $1,200 and the wireless fence is around $1000. Companies that offer an invisible pet fence will usually cost between $957 and $1,444 including professional installation, for an average price of $1,200.
3. How do you train a cat on an Invisible Fence?
Basic Flag Training creates all program-related details on a user’s screen during the set up, or installation process.
4. Do cat fences really work?
Whether you use a cat enclosure tray, a dog moat or some other solution, it works sometimes. The success of your cats will be directly related to the capabilities and motivations of the creatures contained. For example, we can safely say that a 5ft chain link fence would contain most humans over 70 years old and also children 7 years and younger.
This type of invisible fence is especially effective because it is so thin, you can’t see it at all. It’s also easy to use because you just need to place it in front of the cat’s escape hole, and then put a piece of wire over the hole.
The PetSafe Stay & Play Compact Wireless Fence is a great fence for small dogs, as it has adjustable range and is rechargeable.
Tech specialist. Social media guru. Evil problem solver. Total writer. Web enthusiast. Internet nerd. Passionate gamer. Twitter buff.