1. HABA Dragon’s Breath – 2018 Kinderspiel des Jahres
- 2018 best kids game according to the Kinderspiel des Jahres jury, is Dragons Breath, also known as Funkelschatz. A daughter-father team, the authors Lena and Gunter Burkhardt combine a child-friendly story, a classic mechanism and intriguing material to a game adventure that captivates children time and again.
- Four young dragons and one dragon dad, try to get the most gems out of a ice column filled with them. Each round the young dragons will pick a gem color that they think will come out of the ice when the dad melts it.
- Once they have all picked the dad will pick up the top most ring, allowing some gems to fall off the tower to be collected by the young ones. There is also some holes in the board that if a gem falls in there, it goes to the dad and he may win.
- After all the gems that fell have been collected, the young dragons pick again what color they will collect and the next ring comes off. This will continue until all the rings are gone and then whoever has the most gems is the winner.
- Contents Include: 1 dragon dad, 1 box base with 4 dividers, 1 game board, 4 dragon children, 9 ice rings, 90 sparkling stones (18 in each of 5 colors), 5 sparkling stone tiles, 1 ice floe tile, 1 set of instructions.Includes 3 game variations and plays in about 15 minutes. Made in Germany.
2. HABA My Very First Games – First Orchard Cooperative Board Game for 2 Year Olds
- These classic toddler games have been enjoyed by families for over 30 years. The perfect first board game for 1-4 players ages 2 years and up.
- Develop social skills such as taking turns and following directions while reinforcing color recognition, quantities and counting by ones with these best-selling preschool games.
- These cooperative board games allow players to work together as a team to roll the dice and pick the matching fruit from the orchard before the raven makes it down the path to steal it all.
- If the players harvest all the fruit before the raven reaches the orchard, they win together! If the raven gets there first, they lose together. Repetitive play helps teach winning and losing and nurtures little gamers.
- Quality components of these kids games include: 16 large wooden fruit pieces (4 green apples, 4 red apples, 4 yellow pears, 4 blue plums), chunky color die, wood raven, 5 path cards, and 4 trees).
3. HABA Monza – A Car Racing Beginner’s Board Game Encourages Thinking Skills
- A clever but simple children’s game that combines color recognition and “thinking ahead” skills. It plays in just 5-10 minutes and takes its name from the Italian city known for its Formula One Grand Prix racing circuit.
- Six racing cars are raring to go on the starting grid of the big race. The player who rolls the right colors on the dice and makes clever combinations will be able to move ahead the fastest.
- The first player throws all 6 dice. Now try to move your car according to the colors obtained. You must compare the colors of the dice with the colors of the squares directly ahead of your car.
- After each single move, put aside the corresponding die. If you cannot use certain colors, your turn is over. Watch out! You can only move your car ahead and you must avoid the obstacle squares.
- Contents include: 6 racing cars, 6 color dice 1 game board and instructions. Challenging Game Variation idea included. A tactical thinking game for 2 to 6 clever players aged 5 to 99. Game time: 10-15 Minutes.
4. HABA Valley of the Vikings – Knock Down Barrels & Collect
- In the Valley of the Vikings, the annual barrel bowling contest is taking place. Use the ball to knock down the right barrels and smart tactics to line up the Vikings on the dock.
- Courage, skill and willingness to take risks are needed because players who overextend themselves on the dock and fall in the water go away empty-handed.
- Players take turns positioning and trying to knock down the colored barrels in the middle of the board. Depending on which colors are knocked down, they are advanced along the dock accordingly (leapfrog style).
- Each spot on the dock represents a different action, such as collecting coins or stealing coins from other players. When all the coins are gone, the player with the most gold wins! This game ALWAYS plays with 4 players, so if playing with only 2, you could lose to a ghost!
- 2-4 players ages 6 and up. Plays in about 15 minutes. Contents include: 1 large Viking Valley game board (to be pieced together from 7 parts), 8 Viking flags, 4 Viking tokens, 1 cardboard bat, 4 ships (each to be assembled from 4 cardboard sections), 1 bowling ball, 24 gold coins, 4 wooden barrels, 1 rulebook. Made in Germany
5. HABA Rhino Hero A Heroic Stacking Card Game for Ages 5 and Up
- What is that? Is that a rhino climbing up the wall? Rhino Hero is out and about again. The super hero from the animal world fearlessly scales the highest houses looking for burglars and rogues.
- He is strong as a lion and as smart as a fox, but also as heavy as a rhinoceros. So when Rhino Hero is around even the most robust tower may start to wobble.
- Can you help Rhino Hero accomplish his wobbly construction mission and build a skyscraper as tall and solid as possible? A heroic 3D card-stacking game for 2-5 players ages 5 and up
- Made of Sturdy Cardboard. Contents: 31 roof cards (= action cards), 28 walls, 1 foundation (= starting card) and 1 Rhino Hero.
- Rhino Hero has won these prestigious awards: Major Fun! Award, Mr. Dad Seal of Approval, PTPA – Parent Tested – Parent Approved
6. HABA Animal Upon Animal – Classic Wooden Stacking Game Fun for The Whole Family
- A wobbly stacking game for 2-4 animal piling players ages 4-99. A True HABA classic, Made in Germany this game is fun for the whole family and a favorite for Adult Game night too!
- Players race each other to be the first to place all of their wooden animals upon the animal pile before any of the other players.
- A roll of the die tells the players how many animals can be placed or whether they can add to the alligator base. This game fosters hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- One of HABA’s most popular games, this game is a winner of the Major Fun! Award and recipient of the Mr. Dad Seal of Approval. Celebrating it’s 10th anniversary with over 600,000 copies sold!
- Contents include: Wooden Die with symbols, game instructions and 29 wooden animals: 1 Crocodile, 4 toucans, 4 sheep, 4 snakes, 4 monkeys, 4 penguins, 4 hedgehogs and 4 lizards
7. HABA My Very First Games Construction Site Cooperative Game
- This fun cooperative game has kids working together at the construction site to build a house. The players flip over hardstock cardboard chips to determine what pieces to move next and use the Kullerbu-compatible truck to move the pieces to the building site.
- The game includes a fascinating story to be read aloud before and during play to help kids grasp the idea of what they are building.
- The dump truck used in the game is compatible with the HABA Kullerbu Track & Vehicle system and adds another element of both fun and free play to the game.
- Made in Germany for ages 2 and up, the wooden pieces are made from sustainably grown beechwoods. The cardboard pieces are a hardstock cardboard that won’t easily bend or tear.
- HABA My Very First Games are designed for the youngest game players to teach them basic game play including following rules, taking turns, and basic game play skills. All MVFG are designed for ages 2 and up and include both Game Play and Free Play.
8. HABA 305480 in a Flash Firefighters- A Racing Arrangement Game for Ages 5 +
- This racing tile placement game is perfect for 2-4 players ages 5 and up. The game plays in several rounds where players race to get their hose to the fire hydrant and call “water on!”.
- The first person to reach their hydrant wins a firefighting medal, but the game isn’t over! Now there is a handicap for the next round!
- The winner of the round must move their hydrant farther away from the fire, while the player with the least amount of tiles can move their hydrant one space closer to the fire.
- Younger, less experience players have a shot at the win, while older, more experienced players are still challenged to do their very best. The first to collect 3 firefighter medals wins the game!
- Contents include: 4 game boards (each made up of 2 parts), 60 hose tiles, 5 starting tiles, 9 firefighting medals, 1 water hose nozzle tile, 4 wooden fire hydrants, 1 rule book.
9. HABA Barnyard Bunch – A Cooperative Dice Rolling Racing Game for Ages 4 and Up
- oh no! Farmer Fridolin’s animals got out of the barn. He needs the help of you and his sheepdog Lilli to lure them back in this dice rolling, “working together” game.
- Action 1: Roll the die. A color means that each animal on a space of that color moves 1 space away from the barn. Roll Farmer Fridolin and all the players work together to choose which animal goes back one space. Roll Lilli the dog and you can all choose 1 animal to go back to the barn (starting spot).
- Action 2: Draw a card and perform the action shown. Will an animal get closer to escape? or will Farmer Fridolin persevere? Remember, an animal who has been sent back to the barn can still run away again if it’s starting space is rolled or it’s animal card drawn.
- The game ends as soon as the deck of cards is used up or an animal leaves the path and escapes the farm. If the cards are gone and no animal has escaped the path, you all win together! If even one animal escapes, this means you have lost the game together.
- Contents include: 1 starting game board, 8 path strips, 1 die, 8 wooden animals, 1 barn, 1 set of cards, 1 set of instructions
10. HABA Town Maze Magnetic Puzzle Game – Learning & Education Toys for Preschoolers
- The object of this fun travel game is to help the colored balls find their way home to their matching color garage.
- Watch out! Some of the roadways are blocked! These STEM toys help develop fine motor skills as kids use the wand to navigate the city.
- These Montessori toys foster concentration and strategic thinking as children work independently to navigate the obstacles.
- Keep children ages 2 to 5 engaged on road trips and during quiet time with these self-contained travel toys. Board measures 10″ x 8.75“.
- You can count on these educational magnetic toys to help develop visual spatial skills, counting and color recognition and dexterity – all in one fun activity!
11. HABA 305474 My Very First Games – Nibble Munch Crunch
- includes five large, easy-to-grab wooden pieces
- two games in one
- adorable pets, without the mess
- Model number: 305474
12. HABA Unicorn Glitterluck Cloud Crystals
- It’s never too early to challenge your child to a round of board game play. Who knows, they just may beat you!
- In Unicorns in the Clouds, players become one of the magical unicorns in the game and race from the thundercloud to the sun, trying to collect as many cloud crystals as possible along the way.
- Start by choosing a colored unicorn and placing your piece on the big blue rain cloud. The player who reaches the sun cloud with the most cloud crystals is the winner.
- Includes: game board, pink unicorn Glitterluck, yellow unicorn Stardust, purple unicorn Marvel Flower, turquoise unicorn Magic Swirl, 60 cloud crystals, pink die , blue die, game instructions.
- A sparkling die competition for 2-4 players ages 3-99. Game duration: About 10 minutes. Made in Germany.
13. HABA Rhino Hero Super Battle – A Turbulent 3D Stacking Game Fun for All Ages
- Rhino Hero is back on the job! And this time, not only does the wobbly skyscraper need to be climbed, but there will be fierce battles between four superheroes: Rhino Hero himself and three new additions: Giraffe Boy, Big E. and Batguin. Who will win the battles and successfully fend off the mean spider monkeys?
- Build a spectacular 3D cardboard skyscraper. Two different height walls create wobbly excitement. Players can even start from multiple foundations and join the towers together with bridges.
- Rhino Hero is joined by three other action heroes and hanging spider monkeys. Includes 2 dice for hero battles when they land on the same floor.
- Sure to be a favorite for all ages, this game plays differently every time. Includes more challenging variations for advanced gamers. For 2-4 players ages 5-99. Plays in 10-20 minutes
- The game is more varied if you combine it with the original game “Rhino Hero”(item #: 4789). The walls from this game can be used as short walls. And if you use the additional Rhino Hero figure you can play with 5 players!
14. HABA Karuba – An Addictive Laying Puzzle Game for the Whole Family
- An addictive tile-based puzzle game for 2-4 treasure hunters ages 8-99. Game length: about 40 minutes. Simple to learn, while giving the player plenty of important decisions to make along the way.
- Premise: A team of adventurers gets dropped off on the beach of a mysterious island and set off through the jungle to hunt for treasure, their ultimate goal being to ransack ancient temples.
- Lay your tiles on a grid to form paths in a fast-paced strategy game, racing against other players to snag the loot first. The faster you are, the more points you earn. Every game plays differently!
- Contents: 4 islands, 64 crystals, 12 gold nuggets, 16 temple treasures, 16 adventurers, 16 temples, 144 jungle tiles and 1 set of game instructions. Made in Germany.
- Designed and written by Rudiger Dorn and Illustrated by Claus Stephan. Karuba has won a “Major Fun” Award and was nominated for Germany’s prestigious 2016 Spiel des Jahres award
15. HABA Little Orchard – A Cooperative Memory Game for Ages 3 and Up
- A co-operative memory and color dice game for 1-4 players ages 3-8. Playing time about 10 minutes.
- The pesky crowwants to steal the ripe cherries from the orchard. Can the children harvest them before the raven reaches the tree?
- Children learn about team work and cooperation as they rush to beat the greedy crow.
- Contents include: 1 game board, 1 cherry tree, 1 raven, 5 pairs of cherries, 1 little basket, 1 color die, 15 flower cards, 1 set of game instructions with two game variations.
- This game stimulates memory, recognizing and naming colors and developing & experiencing the “we” concept. Made in Germany.
16. HABA Hedgehog Haberdash Color Matching Memory Game for Ages 3+
- Every player gets an adorable little hedgehog who wants to dress up just like mom and dad. The race is on to be the first player to dress your hedgehog with seven leaves in the color that matches its glasses.
- Will the player with the best memory win? A roll of the die instructs you to either pick a leaf (or 2) from the bag (with your eyes closed) OR you could roll a “wind”.
- When you pick your leaves, be sure to show everyone so they can see the colors on each side. If one color matches your glasses, place it in your hedgehog so that the matching color points up. If you don’t have a match, you must place it in the hedgehog of another player with the color matching their glasses facing up.
- If you roll a wind, that means the leaves are blowing around. Oh no! Select one leaf from another player’s hedgehog, pull it out and show it to everyone. If it matches your glasses, you can keep it. If not, you must place it in another hedgehog with matching glasses.
- The game ends as soon as one hedgehog is completely decorated with leaves in its color. (usually about 10 minutes). The game always plays with all 4 adorable hedgehogs (even if only 2 or 3 players. Yes, it is possible for a hedgehog without an owner to win!
17. HABA Air Bears – A Compact Magnetic Travel Game for 2
- The bears are going on vacation! Players will help all three of their bears reach their final island destination. The first player to get all their bears safely to their vacation islands wins.
- Each player places the 3 vacation bears in their color on their airport. To get from the airport to the starting square, a 6 must be spun (3 attempts).
- Then move the bears forward the number of dots shown, in a clockwise direction; spin again if you spin a 6; if you land on an occupied square, send the opposing vacation bear back home; you must spin the correct number of dots to land on destination squares.
- The game ends as soon as all 3 of a player�s vacation bears have flown to the destination island of their color, winning the game
- Comes in a compact tin measuring 9.5″ x 6″. Fun for 2-4 players ages 4 and up. Plays in about 10 minutes.
Tech specialist. Social media guru. Evil problem solver. Total writer. Web enthusiast. Internet nerd. Passionate gamer. Twitter buff.