5 months in the past I began utilizing the Google Pixelbook Go, see our full evaluate, and as a lot as I like utilizing the Pixel Slate, it’s the Pixelbook Go that has been my most well-liked laptop for almost the previous half yr. The Pixel Slate is a superb Chromebook, however I have never included pill use as a every day commonplace follow. The clamshell laptop computer format of the Pixelbook Go is extra productive for my wants.
In early 2018, I finished utilizing the Floor Professional four and made the Google Pixelbook my major house workplace laptop. The Pixelbook was changed by the Pixel Slate that has now been trumped by the Pixelbook Go. I most likely should not have offered off my Pixelbook, however I actually just like the extra fashionable design, higher keyboard, and 16:9 show of the Pixelbook Go.
Additionally: Pixelbook Go evaluate: Google’s laptop computer is designed to please
After 5 months of every day utilization, I’ve explored the Pixelbook Go in depth and like to make use of it as my every day driver and as my distant work gadget for the next causes:
- Android apps and distant work: Whereas the complete Google Chrome browser expertise covers many use instances, having the Google Play Retailer built-in into the Pixelbook Go takes issues to the subsequent stage. I’ve dozens of Android apps on the Pixelbook Go along with some of the used being the VMware Horizon software program. With this software program, I’ve full entry to the VDI expertise at my engineering agency and am capable of run Rhino, Microsoft Challenge, Deltek Imaginative and prescient, AutoCad, GHS, and extra functions that may usually require a full Home windows laptop. With the ability to run all of my engineering and challenge administration apps by way of Horizon on a laptop computer I choose to make use of has revolutionized my work processes.
- 16:9 facet ration: At first I believed there was no approach the Pixelbook Go might exchange the Pixel Slate as I’ve all the time discovered the three:2 facet ratio to be helpful for web utilization. Nonetheless, the Pixelbook Go’s 16:9 facet ratio does a greater job of supporting utilizing two apps side-by-side on the show and this has led to elevated productiveness for me.
- Seamless updates: I am an enormous fan of the background replace course of on Chromebooks and love that I by no means fear in any respect about updates on the Pixelbook Go. Google takes care of this with none work on my half and that continues to be an superior good thing about Chromebooks.
- Superior keyboard: I began utilizing Apple computer systems in 1989 and was a MacBook consumer for a few years. It is horrible to listen to of so many individuals with flawed Apple keyboards whereas Google continues to knock it out of the park with its Hush Keys keyboard. I can fly on the Pixelbook Go and love that I am not banging away throughout conferences or calls.
- All-day battery: Whereas the Google web site reveals 12-hour battery life, I discover I get a bit much less (nearer to 10 hours), however can nonetheless get by way of a full day away from the charger.
- Moveable design components: Flip open the show and you’re able to go. The tactile backside design of the Pixelbook Go makes it comfy to hold and retains it in place on a desk.
- Fantastic media expertise: The twin entrance audio system sound nice, the 16:9 show seems beautiful, and Bluetooth headphones work seamlessly with the Pixelbook Go. Since it is a laptop computer kind issue you may angle it at your most well-liked viewing angle too. Even higher for me with my older Bose noise-canceling earbuds is the truth that the Pixelbook Go nonetheless has a three.5mm headset jack for wired audio assist.
- Google Assistant integration: I commonly use Google Assistant to get duties completed whereas utilizing the Pixelbook Go. I’ve by no means actually tried utilizing an assistant previously to do greater than lookup some data, however Google Assistant is now actually functioning as an assistant to assist me get work completed.
- Laptop computer use: The Pixel Slate is not the perfect to be used on a laptop computer, however the mild weight, superior keyboard, and ideal steadiness of the Pixelbook Go means I can apply it to the prepare when there is no such thing as a desk and wherever round my house or workplace with ease. Effectivity would not take any type of hit while you use the Pixelbook Go away from a desk.
Additionally: Work at home: 64 knowledgeable suggestions for staying wholesome, blissful, and productive
I not often use the Pixelbook Pen on the Slate and do not miss it in any respect on the Pixelbook Go. I am a touchpad fan, however nonetheless like that I can contact the show and rapidly choose or scroll round with my fingers too.
My MobileTechRoundup podcast co-host Kevin Tofel and I apparently had the same concept about posting follow-up articles on the Pixelbook Go so be sure that to learn his Pixelbook Go re-review with a dialogue for builders.
Whereas I have been utilizing the $849 Intel i5 mannequin, the $649 Core m3 mannequin ought to carry out about the identical for my particular use instances so if this one ever dies that is the mannequin I am selecting up for myself.