This week in Apple information we heard extra about pricing for the upcoming iPhone 9 (or iPhone SE 2, take your choose). The mid-range entry within the iPhone lineup is anticipated to launch in only a few months, and the worth tag might pit it towards the Google Pixel 3a.
Elsewhere, we heard Apple information associated to some type of “Lite” variant of the Apple AirPods Professional, the FTC making some large strikes investigating Apple and different tech firms, and the way the HomePod is absolutely not doing properly in any respect within the sensible speaker market.
See the Apple information roundup beneath for all the most recent.
The highest Apple information tales of the previous week:
- Mid-range iPhone might be cheaper than anticipated: In keeping with a report this previous weekend from Fast Company, the iPhone SE 2 — or iPhone 9, because it may be referred to as — might be priced as little as $399. This is able to make it lower than half as costly because the iPhone 11 Professional and put it in direct competitors with the Google Pixel 3a.
- Apple might be engaged on a “Lite” model of the AirPods Professional: In keeping with some provide chain data dished out by DigiTimes, Apple might be engaged on a less-expensive variant of its AirPods Professional. Nevertheless, we’re unsure what that might imply as there are already the common AirPods which might be cheaper and with fewer options. It might be a mistake and Apple is solely engaged on AirPods Lite that shall be cheaper than common AirPods. Keep tuned, we guess.
- California says Apple should pay its workers for his or her time: When Apple Retailer workers go away work, they’re topic to bag safety checks. Is smart, proper? Nevertheless, Apple doesn’t pay workers for the time it takes for them to attend for a bag examine and undergo the checking process. Doesn’t make sense in any respect, proper? California lawmakers agree and can now force Apple to pay employees for their bag check time.
- FTC inspecting Massive Tech firms, together with Apple: This week, it got here out that the FTC is wanting into anti-trust issues that would have originated by means of Massive Tech acquisitions. The federal government group is wanting into Apple in addition to Google, Fb, Amazon, and Microsoft.
- The HomePod continues to be doing fairly poorly available in the market: Apple’s one and solely sensible speaker, the HomePod, isn’t doing too properly. A latest report from Technique Analytics (by way of Business Wire) reveals the HomePod in sixth place for market share. The businesses with probably the most market share, so as, are Amazon, Google, Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi, after which Apple.
Fascinated with making the swap?
If you’re studying this Apple information article on an iOS machine and fascinated with making the swap to Android, we have now a number of articles and guides that may aid you with that course of. Regardless of the way it might sound, transferring from iOS to Android is less complicated than ever, and most of the providers and programs on iOS have related and even the identical counterparts on Android.
One of the best place to begin could be our information on methods to swap from iPhone to Android, which fits over all of the fundamentals. We even have extra particular guides, corresponding to methods to switch your calendar from iPhone to Android. We even have app guides that gives you the most effective options to iOS staples, corresponding to our listing of greatest options to FaceTime on Android.
When you’re on the lookout for an excellent Android machine to switch your iPhone, seek the advice of our listing of the most effective Android smartphones obtainable now.